Windows 7 explorer.exe crashes when right click, "shlwapi.dll " , "shell32.dll" & often NO Crash

wilfriedd

Hello , I'm A bit Disappointed !! ( First of all, I speak only french so I will try the best to explain In english correctly)

I've a problem since 2 days , when I try to right click in the explorer window (right click on c: or other support), I got a error which involve " explorer.exe "..... And when I look for the details, it says "shlwapi.dll" sometimes, other times " shell32.dll" ... and sometimes no problem like Now ..

when it freezes ,it tells me to restart the explorer.exe , and when I select it, explorer.exe starts normally (it causes no CPU LOAD like 90% or more).. I've tried

1°)Sfc /scannow (no error )
2°) Repair Windows (No error)

3°) Checked for viruses (no virus) ,

4°) Scandisk (found some errors and repaired , but still no works)

This problem appears suddently .....And I noticed one thing , I dont know if its related with this problem,

**When I restarted windows , the First screen (with Names of disk ,name of Motherboard) appears "Pixelated" ...... and I could't read anything... So I shut down my computer and restarted , it powers on for 2 seconds and shut down alone....then it does again for 2 seconds and then shut down....5 times....I unplugged my Pc , cleaned etc......But it does it again 2 times, the third time started normally .. thank you

Ps : still no problem with explorer.exe when I right click for the moment :-(

EDIT: it does it again !!!!!!!!!!!!!! "shlwapi.dll" INVOlved

I'm testing now.....there is only 2 passes for the moment.......no errors....but I heard that even if your memory passes Memtest....you cant be sure there isnt a problem...true?

I'll come back tomorrow........ I'm at the Third Pass only .....after 6 Hours !!!!!......I know I got 2x 4Go.....but its too loooooooonnnggg!!!

"When I restarted windows , the First screen (with Names of disk ,name of Motherboard) appears "Pixelated"...
Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager? This may be a problem with the video driver. What version of Windows are you running?

Nope , it does that just 2 times, when I rebooted my comp , now It's good......But I found something useful, I mean I downloaded a software called "ShellExView" , which can disable 1 by 1 shells extensions to see "the One which causes explorer.exe freezes"... So , 1 by 1 , I disable items, and I found that the faulty shell was " Nvidia display shell extensions".... So , I enabled it to see if the problem came back again ....but surprisingly ,no crash!!! ?? since this morning?? I can't undertand...... the problem may appears anytime.....

Back