Windows 7 Home Group problem

deanlaing12

Ok, i searched the entire forums and didnt see anything at all related to Windows 7 HomeGroups which is quite shocking, Anyways...

My main pc is window 7 ultimate 32Bit
My laptop is windows 7 home Premium 64Bit

Both pc and laptop are in a home network.

The main pc has created the Home group.

Main windows firewall turned off, also set to configure and work around AVG Firewall [A trouble shoot option that didnt work.]

Main Laptop windows firewall turned off, also set to configure and work around AVG Firewall [A trouble shoot option that didnt work.]

When i go to home group in controle panel i only see "Creat Home Group"

It tells me there isnt a home group on the network but there is.

Were using one modem/router and its wireless.

On the laptop i turned the local ethernet connection off/ Disabled it since it's not in use and it was suggested to turn it off.

Both are set to automaticly configer ip address.

How do i joine my laptop to the homegroup?

Iv looked everyware and nothing seems to help.

Step 1: To change your network profile, you can easily click on your Wireless Network's name icon.
KB20599-003_EN.png

Now, you can select the network profile according to your locations. Different network profiles will have different options of file sharing which you can customize. If you wish to change the sharing options for Home Network, just select and click on Home network.
KB20599-004_EN.png

Step 3: To change the sharing options in the HomeGroup, click on View or change HomeGroup settings.
KB20599-005_EN.png

Step 4: Now, you are at the screen of changing the homegroup settings. You can check for the options of which are the items you want to share with other computers in your homegroup within the same wireless network. Then click Save changes and close the windows.

Two services need to be enabled and set to auto for Home Group.

orb + run + services.msc + home group service (2x)
Repeat this for all your Homegroup systems
Note: Windows Updates will knock these setting out of wack, just need to reply them.
Make sure your the admin of all the systems on your network

Now on your primary Home Group system make sure the folders shared out are also shared out for your workgroup. You should have two groups home group and workgroup. Permissions need to be assigned to both also advanced permissions.

If you get this problem
Network Share not working through Windows 7 home premium (Solution)
Go here for the fixed

What works great without issues is the following:

Anti-virus | AV - MSC
Firewall | FW- Windows 7
Cleaner/Repair | CC - ASC Pro by IOBIT

Step 1: To change your network profile, you can easily click on your Wireless Network's name icon.
KB20599-003_EN.png

Now, you can select the network profile according to your locations. Different network profiles will have different options of file sharing which you can customize. If you wish to change the sharing options for Home Network, just select and click on Home network.
KB20599-004_EN.png

Step 3: To change the sharing options in the HomeGroup, click on View or change HomeGroup settings.
KB20599-005_EN.png

Step 4: Now, you are at the screen of changing the homegroup settings. You can check for the options of which are the items you want to share with other computers in your homegroup within the same wireless network. Then click Save changes and close the windows.

Sorry if i hadnt made it clear but i already tried this. Nice Pictured tutorial though :)

Two services need to be enabled and set to auto for Home Group.

orb + run + services.msc + home group service (2x)
Repeat this for all your Homegroup systems
Note: Windows Updates will knock these setting out of wack, just need to reply them.
Make sure your the admin of all the systems on your network

Now on your primary Home Group system make sure the folders shared out are also shared out for your workgroup. You should have two groups home group and workgroup. Permissions need to be assigned to both also advanced permissions.

If you get this problem
Network Share not working through Windows 7 home premium (Solution)
Go here for the fixed

What works great without issues is the following:

Anti-virus | AV - MSC
Firewall | FW- Windows 7
Cleaner/Repair | CC - ASC Pro by IOBIT

The problem is still here.

I set both homegroup listener and homegroup provider to automatic and started.

my laptop still dosnt recognise any homegroup.

I still have the problem, i forgot to add that i also have another laptop which i take to my mothers home and my aunts.

My aunts is the home im trying to set up the network/homegroup with.

She has one laptop and one pc.

When im there, there is 2 laptops and 1 pc.

Home Group - active one group shared password on all PCs
Work Group - active (name) admin password on each PCs

So what you need to do is make sure you and your mom and the rest of the family have full access for now so you can see if this works for you. This is how I do it. But I should let you know Home Group has it bugs. There will be times where one PC on the system will not show-up on your Home Group. When this happens the services have stopped working. Then need to be enabled again.

Windows Firewall
Home Group Provider Service
Home Group Information need to be refresh

Are you using WF from Windows?

That PC has to be on and running as the main HomeGroup with the password you have assigned to it.

Next comes her Laptop, then your 2 laptops. Has to be one that acts as virtual server.

Home Group - active one group shared password on all PCs
Work Group - active (name) admin password on each PCs

So what you need to do is make sure you and your mom and the rest of the family have full access for now so you can see if this works for you. This is how I do it. But I should let you know Home Group has it bugs. There will be times where one PC on the system will not show-up on your Home Group. When this happens the services have stopped working. Then need to be enabled again.

Windows Firewall
Home Group Provider Service
Home Group Information need to be refresh

Are you using WF from Windows?

That PC has to be on and running as the main HomeGroup with the password you have assigned to it.

Next comes her Laptop, then your 2 laptops. Has to be one that acts as virtual server.

Sorry, im a little lost...

Think you can try a step by step solution, im a little slow...

Back