Windows 7 PC, Random Freezes

lcoperfield

Intel Core i7 920, Asus Rampage Extreme 2, 2x SATA2 500GB WD Caviar Blue in RAID 0, 3x 2GB OCZ Triple Channel Kit 1300Mhz, ASUS ATI 4870 1GB (it gets really hot... MemIO sensor is close to 90 C), Corsair 750Watt PSU, Win 7 x64 Ultimate.

I get random freezes about once per hour. I ran memtest for 4 passes and nothing found. I didnt test the dims seperately though... What concerns me is that minidumps are not created... It has frozen around 10 times now and only one minidump was created. I know its not much but any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 082313-13665-01.zip
    21.4 KB · Views: 3
"ASUS ATI 4870 1GB (it gets really hot... MemIO sensor is close to 90 C)"... Are the fans running properly and is it dust free?

Test your memory using Memtest86:
http://www.memtest.org/
Run at least 7 passes and you may want to try another video card. The minidump just shows general Windows instability, so your memory might be okay

Ran 8 passes of the Memtest and everything seems fine. I ve noticed lately that the crashes happen only if I leave a video of youtube paused in the background.

Okay, if the video card is not causing too much trouble now, you can wait till it fails all together

Back