Windows 7 rejects *correct* admin password

Hello everyone,
the other day I shutdown my computer, then upon restarting it - I entered my password at the login screen as I always do.

Now I know for a fact it is the right password. And the strange thing is, when I get the error (Wrong username or password) it doesn't happen immediately, it goes like it's about to start windows, then comes back to the error.

Now I have bypassed it somehow by pure will, by entering the password over and over again.
And when I was finally logged in, I did a system restore to see if that would work. But upon restarting it brought me back to the login, and the problem remains trying to get back in again.

Also, I went and set the setting to bypass the password, by unchecking it in the control panel.

So now when restarting my computer, it goes automatically to the error instead of the login screen. So before even typing the password, it just presents the error right off the bat.
This is all very strange, any help is appreciated.

------------------
System details

Windows 7 home premium / 64 bit
Toshiba Satellite a665

Intel Core i3

You may have to do a Factory reinstall of your system. If you can get in again . Try changing your password in the user account.Or just deleting it.

It's likely that you've enabled auto-login feature which may use an old and invalid password to log on your computer by default. I recommend you disable the auto-login feature first.

Back