Windows 7 screensaver not starting

By 333robbie333 ยท 9 replies
Jan 7, 2018
Post New Reply
  1. Hi

My screensaver on Windows 7 does not start automatically. I did some searching online and did a "clean boot" which worked.... BUT identifying the problem is the tricky part. The screensaver will come up with all the services and startup items enabled, but as soon as I untick the "Hide all Microsoft services" box and enable all of those as well, the screensaver is again not working. The reasons I am asking for help are:
    1. I want to save some time by identifying a common Microsoft service that could be causing the issue
    2. I want to know how do I handle the issue, because I can't just disable any Microsoft service, or can I?
    I would be so greatful if somebody can help me resolve this matter

Thank you :D

2. 333robbie333

333robbie333 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have figured out that if I enable all services combined with Microsoft's then it doesn't start, so the service causing the issue is upsMonitor which is actually really important to run. I have two of the same UPS's and on the other PC I don't have this issue. The UPS model I am using is an RCT-850VAS. I am using their monitoring software called "ViewPower" which shuts down the PC safely when a powerfailure occurs. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Please help me

3. holdum323

holdum323 TS Maniac Posts: 959   +243

DavidBailey likes this.
  4. DavidBailey

DavidBailey TS Addict Posts: 215   +107

5. DavidBailey

6. Montana

Montana TS Member Posts: 33   +15

If you're running a fairly new computer (10-15 years), screensavers aren't needed anymore. Are you referring to your Windows background?

holdum323 likes this.
  7. holdum323

holdum323 TS Maniac Posts: 959   +243

8. DavidBailey

Screensavers are needed on CRT monitors.
    Not LED or LCD.

holdum323 likes this.
  9. 333robbie333

333robbie333 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks a lot everyone! I have managed to solve the problem. Somehow, my UPS Monitor Software was causing the issue

DavidBailey likes this.
  10. DavidBailey

Glad you got it fixed & posting back. :)
    Some don't bother to post back. :(