Windows 7 screensaver not starting

333robbie333

Hi

My screensaver on Windows 7 does not start automatically. I did some searching online and did a "clean boot" which worked.... BUT identifying the problem is the tricky part. The screensaver will come up with all the services and startup items enabled, but as soon as I untick the "Hide all Microsoft services" box and enable all of those as well, the screensaver is again not working. The reasons I am asking for help are:
  1. I want to save some time by identifying a common Microsoft service that could be causing the issue
  2. I want to know how do I handle the issue, because I can't just disable any Microsoft service, or can I?
I would be so greatful if somebody can help me resolve this matter

Thank you :D

I have figured out that if I enable all services combined with Microsoft's then it doesn't start, so the service causing the issue is upsMonitor which is actually really important to run. I have two of the same UPS's and on the other PC I don't have this issue. The UPS model I am using is an RCT-850VAS. I am using their monitoring software called "ViewPower" which shuts down the PC safely when a powerfailure occurs. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Please help me

Sometimes installing it helps---

https://s13.postimg.org/mw2hb1hp3/screenshot_21.jpg

The ability to insert images here needs fixing.

screenshot_21.jpg

screenshot_21.jpg
screenshot_21.jpg

If you're running a fairly new computer (10-15 years), screensavers aren't needed anymore. Are you referring to your Windows background?

Glad you got it fixed & posting back. :)
Some don't bother to post back. :(

Back