Windows 8 BSOD

Recently bought downloaded and installed Windows 8 on Acer Aspire 5920. Working well when advised that I should install anti virus software. Down loaded and installed free AVG including their free utilities including scandisk. Whist running the scandisk I was prompted to restart to affect changes. Rebooted and message indicating scandisk progress froze on 31%. After an hour got tired of system not doing anything so pressed the power button. Blue Screen of Death, "Your System couldn't start properly, after multiple tries the operating system on your PC failed to start, so it needs to be repaired." Error code 0xc0000001. You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device) contact your system Administrator. PRESS Enter to try again. PRESS F8 for startup settings.

Tried every step through the menu but on pressing Enter had this message "Your Pc \ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then you can restart. (0 % complete) If you like to know more you can search online later for this error: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM.
System just hangs there for hours, fan speeding up then slowing down.

Please can someone perhaps help.

"If you like to know more you can search online later for this error: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM"... This is related to the boot drive. Remove AVG and all it's associated utilities. Install MSE!

"If you like to know more you can search online later for this error: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM"... This is related to the boot drive. Remove AVG and all it's associated utilities. Install MSE!
I am unable to get to the operating system, the system with the fault does not complete the windows boot setup, I am using another PC to communicate. I have a rescue utility on USB setup from AVG but don't know enough to tell what might be wrong with the Acer Pc

The recovery utility does not show up any bad sectors or partitions, I am told that it might require Windows 8 to be reinstalled, the only way I can do this is by using the distribution DVD which I have ordered. Thanks anyway.

Back