Windows 8 BSOD

Peter127

I checked the thread on what to do before posting a thread but it didn't seem to help.. I always used to get dpc watchdog violation. But now im getting that and multiple others..
Could someone please read these dumps for me and tell me how to fix this problem?
My PC will usually go in slow motion for a minute to five minutes then crash and also sometimes let out a buzzing noise from the speaker.. While it boots back up it seems to take forever to load Windows 8 back up..

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• dump.zip
    156.7 KB · Views: 2
SATA controller issue... Bad boot drive, hard drive or SSD?
Thats really weird you mention that Tmagic.. today my PC starting randomly freezing and wont allow me to do anything... this consists of complete loss of mouse use followed by a black screen for a second and when it comes back the youtube video I am watching lags with no audio.. and itll show the blue loading screen thing on my mouse and if I try move it the mouse cursor will just disappear.. and also I cannot use my keyboard.
Also if I plug something in such as my phone to charge from my PC it will not send power to it..
After holding the power button for my PC to turn off after waiting 10 minutes or so hoping itll restart itself giving me a bootlog my hard drive spins down while it makes some weird beeping noise and clicks as if the hard drive arm is moving..

Computer power supplies almost never fail completely. The CPU/memory and hard drives use the most power and a power supply can degrade not supplying enough power to these hardware devices, causing trouble like you are seeing here...
"what could I do to test this?"... Nothing, just replace the power supply

Also I forgot to include but over the past few days I realised that its usuallly whenever I plug my iPhone into the USB 2 front panel that it does this... Its not straight away but time usually varies between 10 minutes to maybe 2 hours max.
My motherboard is the MSI Z87-GD65 what has something called Super Charger: 'Quickly Charge your iPad/iPhone/smartphones even under S0/S1/S3/S4/S5 mode'.
Could this feature not be compatible with my power supply causing it to crash?

This looks to be your problem. You may want to reinstall this driver or check for a update.

What is asstor64.sys?
Before I go through the whole RMA process and spend lots of money sending back my power supply could you please do me one more favor and read this dump file because im still getting the same old dpc watchdog violation :/

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• dump1.zip
    26.3 KB · Views: 3
It is pointing towards the hard drive. But from the other problems you are having. I would go with the power supply. Only because I agree with what tmagic has stated . Most do not go out all at once. They also can drag down on the system as they are going out

It is pointing towards the hard drive. But from the other problems you are having. I would go with the power supply. Only because I agree with what tmagic has stated . Most do not go out all at once. They also can drag down on the system as they are going out
Thank you so much for your help! I really do appreciate it, one last question.
Do you think I should buy a new hard drive or just replace the dying power supply?

I would say power supply first. The hard drive data may be corrupt, but a Windows re-install might be all that's needed...

Before you run out and buy hardware I'd suggest you test the drive first with the manufactures testing software. preferably from a bootable CD not through windows.. most if not all manufactures offer a bootable diagnostic CD. Hard driver Clicking and weird whirling noises are rarely a power supply issue.. it's a hard drive hardware issue. do the quick test if no issues do the long test.. Good luck

Back