Windows Boot Manager has been blocked by the current security policy.

Hi Everyone!

I have dell i5 windows 7 installed OS. I was trying to boot UBUNTU accidentally BOOT MANAGER gets locked. Now I cant do anything, when I start my laptop it shows
Windows Boot Manager has been blocked by the current security policy.

I tried to boot Windows 7 in CD, but it simply shows the above message.

Anyone please help me. its almost 2 weeks gone solving the same.

Thanks,
Arshad.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's certainly very useful to be able to use alternative OS on the same computer but I never tried a multi boot set up. It seemed too likely to go wrong and there were so many posts in forums to confirm my impression. If you are able to do a fresh install of Windows 7 and get it fully updated I'd point you towards using a virtual OS within W7. On a decent computer like yours you'll be able to run Linux in the same way as any other program. If it goes wrong your Host OS, Windows 7, will be unaffected. You can even save images of your virtual OSs as a backup. That's what I do with Windows XP and Ubuntu though I rarely use the latter. There are various virtual OS software alternatives. I have only used VMWare (free) but I'm very happy with it.

There may be a simple solution to solve the issue you have but if not you could try a virtual OS set up.

It looks to me that you have 'violated' the UEFI security set up previously in your BIOS. You need to turn off the 'secure boot' setting. I do not know how to do that for your machine...it varies by model and by maker.. so your best bet is a Dell Forum or contacting support at Dell. This isn't a Windows problem, it is a Dell problem for Dell machines (and an HP problem for HP machines, etc).

Back