Windows did not start successfully - power issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an old laptop running on Windows XP. It's very old so the battery's messed up (it needs to always be plugged in when in use - if the power chord accidentally got loose the computer will shut off).

Yesterday I accidentally turned it on while the laptop was unplugged. So I replugged it but then found that Windows could not get started now - there's a blue screen flashing then an error message saying "We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully...", which upon my search on the forum seems many people here experienced this too.

As the texts say to choose "Start Windows Normally" if the problem came from Power Failure issue, which I guess is the case here, I tried that but the Windows would not start now - it only took me back to this screen again. I am also not able to choose "Last Known Good Configuration" also.

The only option I could do is to enter Safe Mode, but once inside I'm not sure what else could be done there too solve this problem as I am unable to get the Windows back to normal mode now (it does not seem like I can use System Restore too as it says it is only available in normal mode).

I already accessed Safe Mode to back up all the important files in the laptop, but am still hopingto find a solution to resolve this matter without having to reinstall Windows once again somehow.

Please boot into safe mode, then Click on Start, and go to Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and open System Restore.

Choose any previous (nearest possible when your system was working) restore point, and proceed with restoring your system to that state. Goodluck and let me know if you need any further assistance. Regards

Thanks very much Archean for the advice! Unfortunately I am not able to use System Restore in my XP safe mode. It says on my screen that System Restore has been turned off and that I need to go into normal mode in order to be able to use it. And since the original problem here is that I am not able to get to normal mode, finally I decided to just reinstall Windows XP.

However, it seems for some reason I got myself into another problem altogether as I am not able to reinstall Windows XP on my laptop too... I just posted a new thread about this issue in the forum too as it is another subject now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back