Windows Explorer randomly crashes

Big Dawg

My computer's Window Explorer started randomly crashing about a month ago. It doesn't seem to happen more than 1 or 2 times a week.
I saved the last two mini dumps as well as a !analyze -v log on the latest dump.
Anyone know where I can get these dump files looked at to see what is causing this issue?
Windows Ultimate 64bit.
Thanks for the help.
BD

This sounds nothing to worry about and should be easily fixed by upgrading for free to Windows 10 - provided that you have W7 SP1 installed and that the OS is fully updated.

bazz2004
Thanks for your reply, however, I am not interested in upgrading to 10. I would want someone to read my dump file and tell me what app or system file is causing this. Besides, if it is a system issue wouldn't the problem just be carried over in the upgrade?

If you have a hardware issue then the problem will persist and get worse but if it's a minor issue with Windows files a W10 install would put things right. There are well qualified folk on the forum who can read the runes so best of luck with sorting Windows 7. For me W10 is way better than W7. You could try running CCleaner if nobody picks this up quickly for you.

Thanks for the info. I ran ccleaner several weeks ago and then again last week but that didn't seem to help. So I hope some one will have the knowledge and time to read the dmp file for me to point in the direction of the faulting software or hardware.

Back