Windows Firewall 'stuck' and Java times out

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakehaze

I'm in the process of completing the 8 steps, but Java decided to but in and I took it as a sign that I should give a heads up while we wait for the logs.

All Java related processes time out. Java's online installer fails with an error: "Installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connection settings. Please visit the following web site for more information. http://java.com/en/download/help" (which of course has nothing about such numberless errors)(In fact, at the moment, java's website is even timing out). Googleing the error returns only coding sites.
The offline installer rolls out without a hitch, but fails all test applets. When accessing the control panel (via hidden icons), java loads the About screen and locks up, eventually closing after several minutes. I will uninstall Java before continuing with the 8 steps.

Windows firewall always displays as ON, although I turned it off temporarily (for java) and now the radio button is ineffective. Regardless of setting (ON or OFF), the firewall claims to be on while the connection does not display 'firewalled' as it usually did (as it did yesterday before I turned it off for Java's installation).

The 8 steps should be completed before long, but in the meantime, I've included the java error log, just in case it's useful...

Thanks

Scanning with MalwareBytes...
All update attempts have failed due to timing out, with references to firewall issues.

Still collecting logs...

Thanks again.

Okay, Step 8...

None of the applications could retrieve update information. MalwareBytes returned the error 732(0,0) when attempting to update. CCleaner deleted a heapload of stuff, but I guess that's normal. And asside from malwareBytes picking up 11 adware.tracker cookies, they all reported no detections.

Other than the updates and Java, there's no sign of a problem; internet is still lightning fast.

Thanks for the help,
Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back