Windows Freezing Overnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragebflame

Hi,
I have been having this problem for some time now. i though it was a hardware problem at first and replaced the psu and chipset heatsink but its still happening. The pc just freezes at times, usually when im not bloody around. Thing is, it will be fine if i leave it playing music or in a game. I have checked eventvwr.msc and cant find any entries.

Any ideas ? im stumpted.:confused:

If ye need to look at any logs just ask.

Hi,
Thanks for the quick replys, i always moniter my cpu temps which never exceed 28'C. I will run memtest this afternoon and she how it fairs.

I also run ccleaner on a regular basis.

There's always more ideas.
Please run a Drive Diagnostics on your HardDrive

I'm still leaning towards hardware issue (as you initially did as well)
There still is the possibility that it is some resource hungry program, like how Norton can slow a computer down, with many background services.
Have you any highly resource intensive programs running (Virtual Drives?; Sharing Programs?; any other tasks, or programs running?)

Hi Kimsland,
I dont have much running in the backround although i do have 1 virtual drive, I thought i had the problem solved when i discoved utorrent was freezing it due to max tcp connections half open( a windows problem), but it continues. I have had more running in the past and never had this problem.

I will perform a hardrive diagnostic this afternoon and post results.

Well with that info
I'd say remove uTorrent if installed (you can download another day if you like, ie it's free)

Remove the Virtual drive too (especially if this is Daemon Tools (too many issues with that one to tell you, just search here)

Also because you had uTorrent (a file sharing program, in my view just for teenagers!)
I would suggest you run a full scan for Virus and malware
Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Hi,
Ok i removed u torrent, removed daemon tools and did a virus scan which returned clean. I also did that hardrive diaonostics test which completed sucessfully. So far so good, ill leave it on overnight and see what happens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back