Windows Installer Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

agissi

I get this error while trying to install various programs, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader. How do I fix it?

Attachments

• windows.jpg
    windows.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 21
Tryed that and I get "error 3". Anyhow Tarkus gave me a link on the IRC channel and it fixed me up :) Thx Tarkus!

Do you mind posting that link in here, so we can have it for future reference if someone has the same problem, they can do a google search and find the answer.

Thank agissi.

Bids will start at $5. Whoever wins the bid will get the link.

PS. I get 10% for moderating the bid BTW.;)

hhahahahha.... ok:

WARNING:

Windows Installer Cannot Be Found
Question: When I try to install any programs that use the Windows Installer I get the following message:

The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.
This can occur if you are running Windows in safe
mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly
installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

Answer: This problem occurred on my brother's computer after I upgraded it to Windows XP; I emailed Microsoft Support about this problem and I promptly received a response from Support Engineer Einstein Han (I have included the email within WI.zip). In a later newsgroup thread I was informed by Torgeir Bakken that this solution would be harmful for computers where the Windows directory is not C:\Windows, so I have updated the registry file as Torgeir instructed and included his posting in WI.zip. Other than the updated registry file the solution is the same:

Save WI.zip to a folder on your computer.
Go to the folder where you saved it and open it, then double click WI.reg.
Restart your computer and hold down F8 until a menu appears, choose Safe Mode and press Enter.
In the Start Menu select Run, type cmd, and then at the prompt type msiexec /regserver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back