1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows Live Mail 2011 not displaying emails

By theRadiantChild ยท 5 replies
Mar 7, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Windows live mail 2011 will show that I have new emails and when I go to click on them it would normally show the message in the preview window. Instead, it shows nothing, just blank. I noticed by cursor has an hourglass next to it too. I actually tried double clicking the message to open it in a new window and it still displays a blank email. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Im running win 7 64-bit

2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar Elite Techno Geek Posts: 6,481   +975

3. theRadiantChild

theRadiantChild TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 403

I just uninstalled and reinstalled it and it appears to be working fine now......weirrrrrd!

4. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar Elite Techno Geek Posts: 6,481   +975

I recommend you upgrade to 2013, nice new features. When you uninstall and reinstall it updates components that is why.

5. PhilipQuarrier

PhilipQuarrier TS Rookie

I just fixed mine in Windows 10 Live Mail 2011. No changes to data or software.
    CAUSE: Reading pane was maximized while set to "Bottom of the message list".
    FIX: Drag the top edge of the Reading pane down from just below the column headings (From, Subject, Date).
    -OR- Change the View>Reading pane option to "Right of the message list" or "Off".

6. clivebygrave

clivebygrave TS Rookie

I fixed this problem on my Windows 7 machine by emptying the temporary files folder.
    You should find it at %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp
    There shouldn't be anything worth keeping in this folder so, after making a copy of it(just in case), delete all the files in it then restart Windows Mail. Remember to delete the copied folder to recover the space after you're satisfied that all is well.