Windows Live Mail to MS Outlook 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLambie

I am trying to export messages from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2013.
[Note: I exported from Windows Mail (Vista) to Windows Live Mail (Windows 8); I still have my old Vista machine with all my emails in Windows Mail]

I do...
  1. Open Microsoft Outlook.
  2. Open Windows Live Mail.
  3. In the Windows Live Mail window, click the File button and select Exportand then select Email messages.
  4. Select Microsoft Exchange as the format and then click Next.
  5. You will see a message that all email will be exported to Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange, click Ok to continue.
This is where nothing happens except blink of the screen when I hit "Ok" it just goes back to step 4 where the dialog box pops up to select Microsoft Exchange.

It exports nicely to Microsoft Windows Live Mail but when do Microsoft Exchange it does not even go to step to select All messages, etc

What am I dong wrong and/or is there easier method to get all my email messages to Outlook 2013 please note the Note at top of page of still have emails on Vista machine

Any suggestion - even to purchase a program to do this for me will be a help. As did the export from Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail before - redid it as - when moved my imported folder inbox messages to an folder just under imported folder (as had like 6 for some reason (all in tree form as in subfolders) all me messages subjects remained the same however the message itself all read the same thing - strange I know.

Thanks ahead of time,
David

PS I new I should of migrated long time ago to Microsoft Outlook but always used Outlook Express then Windows Mail - so much greef.

What worked for me was a program called Address Magic Plus. Like you, I was trying to go from Windows Live to Outlook and this did it for me. The Plus version exports & imports your address book, email, etc. It was worth it to me. It supports many different email formats so you can use it for other programs if you decide to change later on. It can be found at: http://www.connectedsw.com/Overview/57262
Hope this helps

Dave, I suspect your problem is that you need to have Outlook installed on the machine doing the migration. In this case, it must be a 32-bit version of Outlook.

You can try EML in PST Converter; it can convert Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2013. Recently I used it & was very satisfy with the results.

Mod note: Removed the link. This is aristotle11's first post. The suggestion is valid, but linking to an external website on the first post is frowned upon (and used to not be allowed - got changed with forum software change).

Last edited by a moderator:
You need Outlook on same computer as Live Mail. You need to have the mail account you are converting logged into Live Mail and Outlook. after I setup both mail clients with the account it let me go passed the "ok" pop up and select "all folders" then export.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back