Windows slows down

JDK88

Dear all,

Just at one day my computers started to slow down and even freeze. So I ran a Antivirus scan and it said to have a Win32 Malware-gen virus. I removed it and contacted the Malware forum and did what they asked. They can't help me any further but my pc is a lot slower then usually.

Furthermore, When I start windows it asks me 2x with which program I want to open "Job" (which is my name and propably the Username). I just click cancel and can continue my work like normal.

Summary: Malware deleted, still slow as **** and it wants to open an program which I never asked for.

Is there anyone who has the same problem or has experience with something like this.

Great appreciation!

I'd check out the startup entries in the machine, you should be able to track down those two programs starting that are annoying you.

Run > type "msconfig" no apostrophes, and check out the startup tab.

Just be careful what you turn off as some drivers use utilities etc, it's pretty easy to see what's loading however and anything strange can safely be disabled.

This may help with the speed of the system (boot speed anyway)

Dear Norbur,

I did what you said, but nothing strange was there to be found. I openend the "Job" file in Notepad and this is what it says;
===========================================================================
Interface List
11...1c 6f 65 2a dd 99 ......Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
1...........................Software Loopback Interface 1
13...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
12...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
===========================================================================

I have logitech speakers and I think they use Realtek. But still I dont want this information nor the request to open it. Do you have any Ideas to change this?

Another question: Im using Alvast! antivirus now and deleted Windows Essentials. I red somewhere that Alvast takes a lot of Workingmemory. Do you know anything about that?

Cheers,

This is quite strange indeed. You could always disable everything and see if the behavior stops. If it doesn't just pop back into the start up tab and re-enable everything. Windows can function OK without any startup items after all at least for diagnostic purposes.

I usually go with Essentials as my choice of free A/V, although Avast is not bad either. I've always felt essentials to be slightly less system intensive as it doesn't have all the real time shield stuff Avast has, but Avast is still a great AV.

Another thing you could do as a bit of a workaround, is if the prompts are a UAC based prompt, you could disable that and see if it goes away. The settings to do this depends on if your OS is Vista or 7 :)

When last you cleaned up the system. These cleaners they have here to download like Cloud Cleaner and Advance System Care can repair a lot more. I use MSE and not going back to the priors.

Back