Windows start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalemam

Okay so I'm having a weird problem with my laptop, It takes forever to boot and start-up! like 10-15 mins, it goes through the usual boot process but after the welcome screen, its only blank with a white cursor for about 10 minutes then everything loads up normally, I'm also having a problem where I cannot update windows security or anything of that matter, I get an error that says cannot search for updates...

Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

You might mention OS. If it is XP then I would try doing an SFC /scannow to repair missing or corrupted windows files.
Look at Device manger to make sure you don't have any yellow exclamation points representing hardware issues.
If that doesn't help run msconfig and disable all programs on the startup tab and all non microsoft services on that tab.
Is you anti virus up to date? If so do a scan. if not take this post to the virus and malware forum at:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/menu28.html

Ahh Sorry about that its vista 32 bit, and I was just at the Virus removal forum, Broni helped me clean the laptop, and we also tried disabling everything, but still had the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back