Windows Start Up

marinkvasina

I have windows xp3 and Kaspersky PURE . And i was surfing the net and i noticed that my AV was off. I turned it on and it found and virus (don't know name) and it tryed to delete it. But after the process was done it had to restart my PC. And after that when i boot my PC, and get to the loading screen
when its done loading i get a black then blue and again black screen. And my PC is restarted again?

I've posted in Malware section and after booting from external source and runing 1 test , they said that there is no more Malware in my PC and that i should post in this section.

What do u mean by that?

Um as i was saying. This happened after malware was found and removed, soo maybe it modified something?

What make is your harddrive, i.e. Western Digital, Seagate, etc.? You could be having issues with your harddrive after an infection. It has happened to me. Thus the question.

I was going to advise a harddrive diagnostics.

Maxtor was bought out by Seagate so you can run Seagate's Seatools harddrive diagnostic utility. Using another system...

1. Go to Seagate's website and find thei Seatools utility for Windows.

2. Download it to the desktop and burn it to a CD.

3. Place this CD in your system that is having issues. You may have to place your DVD drive as First Bottable in the BIOS.

4. Once booted the utility will take over in seconds.

5. Run the tests in this order: SMART, Short DST, and Long DST. If you get any errors you have a harddrive with physical issues.

Back up everything NOW. You have a failing harddrive. In these cases it can crash at any time and data recovery from a faioled harddrive is very expensive.

Back