Windows update not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time i try to update Windows XP from the website as soon as i get to the update screen it can't find the page. I also cannot access there online support for the same reason. Please help

May Have a Virus

You may have a virus.

Do you know if your system (computer or laptop) has gotten infected with a virus?

I had a friend that allowed his anti-virus software to expire, and didn't renew. Afterwards he caught the Antivirus XP 2008 nasty. He then decided to purchase Norton Internet Security Suite 2008, but in order to install the software he needed to first download and install SP2. So, when he attempted to go to www.microsoft.com to Windows Updates to obtain the SP2, he received a message, " Page cannot be displayed" and another message about unprotected or infected computers, something like that, preventing him from reaching Windows Updates to download SP2.

My friend and I are now in the process of eliminating the Antivirus XP 2008 Nasty.

I guess once we have eradicated this 'nasty' and if no reminants exist, I guess we can proceed to Update my friend's OS and then install the Norton Internet Security Suite 2008.

My friend doesn't keep his Windows OS and AV update like he should.

So, check to make sure you don't have a virus, preferably the Antivirus XP 2008/2009.

Jboman

Which Win XP !?

Hi :

It would possibly be very helpful IF you told us the SPECIFIC "Service Pack"
( "SP" ) number, usually either a "1", "2", or "3" !?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back