Windows Vista and Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TearsInHvn

Anyone know of a tweak that makes it so internet explorer opens faster? It takes forever and a day for it to open and display a page, when your opening IE. If it's already open, you can surf with no problem.

My IE opens with no problem and fast too :) So I'll give you a rundown of some things you can do to try and speed it up. You might have too many plugins running with IE which makes it take longer to start (like extra toolbars/searchbars addon's etc.) Sounds like the case if you say it works fine once its open. You can also try and delete all your temporary interent files and cookies aswell. There may be a cookie or temporary file that is causing the browser to open slowly...or its just cluttered. Try some of those man good luck.

If anything.....and i am going to hate saying this.......try and download an alternative browser such as Firefox (worst browser ever and IE owns in my opinion, yes opinion so dont all of you Firefox lovers start flaming me), or even the new Google Chrome (never tried it so i have no opinion for it) and see if they start faster than IE. If that is so then I suggest cleaning out your cookies and temporary files (everything stated above basically)

(this is assuming you are using IE7 and not IE8 Beta, If you are using Beta, then thats your problem right there.)

I would suggest you clean your temp files and cache if you have not already

header_2.gif
CCleaner
  • Download from HERE
  • Close all browsers.
  • Run the programme and make sure all the boxes are ticked under the Windows and Applications tabs, Also check All Advanced tabs(except for the Old prefetch Data option, this should be unticked)
  • Click the run cleaner button.

It could always be malware also -> if you suspect malware please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)MBAM log
2)SAS log
3)Hijackthis log (last step)

I don't suspect malware of any kind. What happend was I got a windows update, and since it hasn't been the same. I asked someone at work about this and he stated there a tweak for it. But i can't find it. He said it was something to do with settings!

YEP! Other browsers are fine. AND i even just now tried downloading the beta version and it lags worse. I haven't even gotten a page to open at all now! Which is not good because i use that to play on a certain website as Firefox won't load the java needed for it for some reason!

IE8 Beta is known for being slow

Have you thought about installing an IE tab add-on for firefox?

Or Google Chrome browser is supposed to be the best for rendering Java

it has some features that are going to force other browsers to follow suite

each tab has it's own processing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back