Windows Vista help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypivolks

we have been having problems with are hp pavilion dv2000. it wont start windows at all. i guess in these forums you guys call it the blue screen of death.

i hit F2 and ran a hard drive self test:

quick test passed
comprehensive test passed

it says test status 00pass what dose that mean?

what else can i do?

i also did the windows recovery thing but it did nothing

i just did a memory check and that passed to. so i tried the hp recovery manger and it siad that it cant because there are errors in the c: drive. so i did a hard drive check and it fixed all the errors and it still wont boot. it keeps on bringing me back to the windows error recovery screen. i have ran that test a half a dozen times and still brings up that screen.

Startup repair - This automatically fixes problems that are preventing Windows from starting
System Restore - This will Restore Windows to an earlier point in time
Windows Complete PC Restore - This will completely restore your entire PC - programs, system settings and files - from a back up that you have previously created (Available in Windows Vista Business, Enterprise and Ultimate editions only)
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool - This checks your computer's memory hardware for errors
Command Prompt - This opens a Command Window

i tried that and it keeps saying that the c: drive has errors. so i run the test(consistency) for the c: drive and it comes up good. what is going on?

so i tried a system recovery and it asked me if i wanted to back up my files before i did it. so i said yes. then it said "please insert a USB drive". so i put in a 512mb flash drive. still nothing so then i tried a cd still nothing then i also tried a sd card and still nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back