Windows Vista wont load. Stuck at a blank screen after the OS loading bar

Hey everybody. A little while ago, I updated my Dell XPS M1530 laptop NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS graphics card and the next day, the display was all blue with horizontal lines going through it. There was sound, but that's all what I was seeing. I turned it on and off again and again but to no avail. I left it on for a while and then suddenly the display cleared up and the Start up repair screen was on and it stayed that way for 12 hours so I turned it off and then on again( bear with me here lol). The BIOS screen appeared so did the OS loading screen later but that was about it. The screen was black. Safe mode wont work, it always stops at
:\Windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys

System restore wont work also, it just freezes, Startup repair keeps apparently freezes too, it keeps loading for 12 hours with no change. Im reallly confused and I don't know what to do. Im trying to avoid using the Factory Image Restore since I have so many important files that I dont want to delete. I really appreaciate any help over here guys. Thanks =)

Back