Windows won't load, can't even get in to safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tritton

basicly my computer can't boot to windows or safe mode after POST i get the screen where it's says it didn't start normaly last. then you have the option to 'start windows normaly' 'safe mode(command pront and with networking etc)' and 'last good config'

the only thing that has changed is my motherboard, i have removed all other components apart from my GPU what i can't due to the fact that there are no VGA ports on the motherboard so i have to keep it in for the moment now from what i can tell from the maufacture website is that it is combatable but i would still like to remove it to test, so if any knows why i can get some sort of adter of something etc

any idea's would be helpful thanks

No

But it did happen once, when I did a Check Disk (This was caused by a faulty HardDrive)

Repairing Windows, or Check Disk normally (well usually always) never causes data loss

Please proceed :)

well i might be able to get hold of another disk but that won't be till like monday/tuesday time
so in the mean time, 'say' that repair doesn't work what would your advise be as a next step, what doesn't invole a clean install

continue to go and backup any\all data (as above stated)
Then install Windows clean (ie remove the partition during Windows setup)

Sometimes the second R command does not show

In this case download the Ultimate Boot CD
Then backup all user data

Then install Windows clean (ie remove the Partition during the initial install)

There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers (hopefully this is not one ;) )

Download the UBCD (link is in quote above)
Create the CD
Boot from it
Backup using USB Flash drive or even your burner (from running the UBCD all will be clear)

ahh thank you

on the subject of the UBCD what other progrmaes on that do you find really useful

good news, sort of
i have gained a windows CD but
in the guide you gave me link for it says 'don't press first R ' quote=From this menu press "ENTER" (NOT "R") to begin the repair install.

but says to press the second one. well i am able to press the first one but not the second one

so how would i do a repair for the WRC

Sometimes the second R command does not show

In this case download the Ultimate Boot CD
Then backup all user data

Then install Windows clean (ie remove the Partition during the initial install)
Why MS made two R prompts is beyond me!
They should have used a different letter, seeming it does different things.

Anyway, refer to the above quote if the second "R" prompt doesn't exist

at the moment i don't want to do a clean install, i'm hoping to talk to someone who will have a disk that can do the repair.
but i want to know if it's possable to do the repair thought the main recovery consol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back