Windows won't start up

I have very limited knowledge when it comes to this so please be patient with me.:confused:

On my Asus Eee PC 1001HA (not sure on the rest) Windows XP installed.
Used to work very well but today...no smiles for me!

I have received the following message when turning on PC today.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.
If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.
If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows
Normally.
Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked) Start Windows Normally
Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.
Seconds until Windows starts: 30

No matter which one I choose it tries to start I can see the Windows XP start up screen for a second then it goes back to the same message over and over again.

This PC only has USB connections so I cannot use a disk and don't know what to use from the internet.

Can I fix this?

Have you tried to boot from a USB drive? From the sounds of it, you may actually be having a hardware fail with something in your netbook (laptop). Install a version of Linux on a USB and then boot from that. This will at least give you an idea if you are running into hardware problems/fails.

Back