Windows XP Bad image error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, iv searched several websites for a few days and yet cannot come to any definite solution to my problem, so I'm going to ask directly.

A couple of days ago my system could not boot windows for one reason or another, by booting from my disk drive i managed to run the system restore CD successfully.
Everything now runs fine and I have retained all my files and whatever, but a number of program not display a 'Bad Image' error as i try to run them, these programs include:
Veoh TV Beta,
Windows Messenger/Windows Live Messenger,
Quick time player,
iTunes.
In a similar problem, Windows Media Player simply crashed immediately as i run it.

Any help getting these programs running would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Run a windows CD install in Repair Mode, or use the repair console (This will take some study). If that does not work, your current install is too corrupt. You can put the drive into a USB enclosure to possibly rescue your data, if any, but you will likely need a clean install for the most trouble free setup.

Where is this repair mode and how do i use it?

I just realized each error message is the same, it read:

'The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.GdiPlus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.0.2600.2180_x-ww_522f9f82\gdiplus.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.'

Ahh! that worked perfectly, the bad image error no longer pops up, i now only get an application error, would this is solved by reinstalling the programs?

Ok now the installers for Windows live messenger and Windows Media Player wont even start, i keep getting application errors. Programs like iTunes and Veoh TV have installed but continue to show application errors then i attempt to start them, though with iTunes it says that Quicktime cannot be found, while Quicktime itself shows the same application error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back