Windows XP BSOD 0x0000007E

Hi,

I've recently started using a new (to me) PC which did not have a HDD.

I started another thread about getting that running, which is resolved now - But now I've run into the BSOD. Sigh.

I get this blue screen error now. I have the windows CD and will reinstall no problem but I cant seem to do so. I've tried to boot via the CDD setting it as first priority. It says "booting from CD" and then goes to the screen asking how I'd like to start windows and every option (except safe mode) returns to the blue screen.

I can get into safe mode (which apparently indicates it could be a drive problem, which makes sense because after selecting safe mode it lists about 50 driver pathways)

I've tried both putting CDD on its own IDE cable and also assigning it as the slave on the same IDE cable as my HDD but it still doesnt want to boot from the CDD and keeps asking how Id like to load.

Can I reinstall from safe mode?

What other alternatives are there?

Thanks again.

If you are able to please give us your minidump files.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Back