Windows XP Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam111291

When I Boot Up My Computer With my Usb Plugged Into My Tower It Freezes The Log On Screen Where I Choose Users.

The Hub Has Bluetooth USB Web Camara And My Speakers Connected Into It With One Port Left Over.

After I Turn My Computer Off And Restart If I Remove The USB Hub From The Tower My Pc Doesnt Freeze At The Log On Screen And When I Log On To The User If I Plug The USB Hub Back In My Coputer Loads It Up Fine And It Works Prefectly.

I Would Be Grateful If You Could Help Me With This Problem Thanks.

That sounds like the drivers causing a problme at start up. Have you tried to re install the drivers that came witrh the device? Also what happens if you jsut start the PC with out the device ever being plugged in? because if that works without it ever being plugged in it shows its definatley the device playing up

If i can just explain, the device plugged into the pc is a 4 port USB Hub into which i have Bluetooth, USB Web Camara And My Speakers With One Port Left Over.
When I Remove The USB Hub From The Tower My Pc Doesnt Freeze At The Log On Screen And When I Log On To The User If I Plug The USB Hub Back In My Coputer Loads It Up Fine And It Works Prefectly. There was no installation with the USB Hub Could You Please advise me further.

Remove Devices

Remove each device (Bluetooth, USB Web Camara And Speakers) one at a time and reboot. Maybe it's one of the attached devices and not the hub. Also try plugging the hub into a different USB port.

oo thats mae a bit more sense right yes i would od as above and leave it plugged into the port and try on of the individual items. But you will need to test each individual device and then try the other devices with that. For example it may be a conflict between two devices in the hub or just one device and the PC and not neceseraly everything. I have a feeling it may be the bluetooth device but try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back