Windows XP Home edition Image for sony vaio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I have sony vaio pcv-rz 34g and i format the harddrive and my recovery disc what i make it does not working ,and i dont have originale recovery disc .I calll sony and they say that thay dot make amymore because it's old model.Can anyone make me a image from same model so i can have my factory os back.Please

Thankyou very much

I'm not sure if illegal is word. Some actual legal advise may be handy here, but as far as I understand the original copy/license of Windows that you get when you buy a new PC doesn't "expire" when you format your hard drive.

Usually you are provided a reinstall CD or in some other cases there's a hidden partition in the HDD that can be used for such purposes.

Given your situation and Sony's lack of commitment to support their customers, I see no objection in borrowing a friend's installer CD or something of that sort, then use your license CD-key to activate the software.

Legal gray area or completely admissible, I'm not sure, but buying a new copy of Windows just because of a reformat sounds like a bad deal to me.

BTW, finding someone that has the Sony CDs for your specific model may prove much harder than using a standard Windows CD and then download all needed Sony utilities from their site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back