Windows XP laptop problem

hi guys
I bought a Lenovo laptop with windows7 on it then after like half a year I changed it to XP, since then everytime i go on maplestory game i have spikey lags each 30sec or so for like.... 1mins, sometimes i even DC. I installed all the drivers correctly from the NVIDIA site and from the Lenovo site and nothing helped, could anyone try to help me out?

PS: after I reinstalled windows 7 it works fine but I dont want windows7.

PS2: I have installed many versions of Windows XP SP 2 and 3 and home prem and pro and some more and i still have the problem

edit :
Details of my laptop:
Lenovo G550
NVIDIA GeForce G210M
4GB ram (2.96GB RAM used)

Well, I guess nobody can believe you'd swap Win7 for XP.
You may have a driver or other configuration problem, and you know what the solution is, so just do it.

Does your manufacturer supply the graphics drivers as well as your hardware drivers?

Also, are you using the correct XP drivers from Lenovo? Is all your hardware correctly configured under XP, or does device manager show unconfigured devices?

I would get Windows 7 Ultimate either 32 or 64-bit That would solve your issue unless the game can't run in 7 environment. Ultimate version run all XP apps.

i've done everything nothing works
i bought that laptop WITH win 7 and when i installed xp online games didnt work good when i reinstalled win7 back it worked fine but there many things that u cant do in those online games with win7 and only XP can run it

I found out the reason why i lagged on online games, it was my wifi drivers and after i connected it trough cabel it works good now but i cant find the good driver for my wifi to work could anyone help me? i have WiFi Link 5100 AGN i need for XP

I checked the Lenovo website and as you probably know already there are no XP wireless LAN drivers available. There are only drivers for Vista and Windows 7.

If you can't locate an alternate driver that will work, you could try a USB wireless adapter. It may not be as fast as the built in wireless adapter but at least it will connect you.

I checked the Lenovo website and as you probably know already there are no XP wireless LAN drivers available. There are only drivers for Vista and Windows 7.

If you can't locate an alternate driver that will work, you could try a USB wireless adapter. It may not be as fast as the built in wireless adapter but at least it will connect you.

but thing is i got wifi driver it works but in online game it doesnt work at all

There is no need to quote my entire post if your post is the next one.

If the driver doesn't work while online gaming, then it doesn't really work properly, does it? On the other hand if you get a USB wireless adapter, you bypass the LAN port and the need for a LAN driver. You install the USB wireless adapter which does have an XP compatible driver and it should work with games too. However, a USB wireless adapter might not give you sufficient speed for gaming but these adapters are not that expensive and are worth a try. If you prefer not to try it, that's up to you.

but on win7 on same laptop i use dual boot it works fine no lags but i like xp more, how can u explain that? (on wifi it works fine and USB ofc)

Windows 7 uses a different set of drivers. Whichever OS you boot into will use their own set of drivers.

Back