Windows XP reboots when I run this program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a member here for a while but haven't posted much. I have a problem with a windows xp sp3 machine that reboots when i attempt to run a specific application, and was wondering if i can find some help here. I get this info under description in event viewer after a reboot.

Error code 10000050, parameter1 ffffffe8, parameter2 00000001, parameter3 804f384b, parameter4 00000000

The program is emulator software to enable a pci card to communicate with an as400 server...I'm not very familiar with this hardware/software. Software is BOSaNOVA Plus 32 ver 6.03. The user has an Icon on the desktop that points to an executable called Bsmdemul.exe, which i assume starts the emulator, whenever I double click that icon the machine reboots....any help at all solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

This problem did not occur until after the pc was upgraded to service pack 3, uninstalled norton, installed avg and windows defender and recent updates, plus clean with ccleaner and added more memory.

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

When you uninstalled Norton did you then utilize their removal tool for your particular version? Norton/Symantec is notorious for leaving driver remnants behind after an uninstall thyus they had to make a special removal tool to make sure it is fully uminstalled.

Also, it appears this application is the cause of your issues. Did you try uninstalling to see if it brings stability?

Thanks for the reply, I did use Norton's removal tool...i've had experience with that in the past...

The PC is completely stable as long as I don't run this program. As I have very little experience with this type of hardware/software I was unsure if it was a hardware or os/driver problem as you stated..thought it might be a memory issue...

Going to try to uninstall and reinstall the emulation software...to see if it makes a difference..just not sure how to configure the software once done.. and btw there is an identical pc at the location that was upgraded in a similar fashion and is not showing this problem..

Thanks again for the help, any info on configuring the Bosanova software would help also...maybe what i should expect...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back