Windows XP reinstall just keeps restarting?

I was trying to reinstall Windows XP pro on my daughters computer after she had downloaded something that caused it to crash and wouldn't restart.....I accidently put in an old window xp home CD off a computer we no longer have, yes I am blonde....got to key and I put it in then when it didn't work realised what I had done, but now it just keeps restarting in the home version and asking for service pack 2 cd, tried putting that in and it just keeps going back to restart and looping through the same process over and over, how do I get rid of the half installed version to reinstall the correct one, Cheers Dee.

What happens when you try to boot from the Windows XP Pro CD? Do you have one? Doesn't it start Windows Setup?

All fixed, lucky for me I installed home on a different partition and was able to delete it.
Found a cool Ultimate boot disk that helped!!!Cheers Dee.

What happens when you try to boot from the Windows XP Pro CD? Do you have one? Doesn't it start Windows Setup?

I kept missing the screen that showed the 3 different partitions because it flashed through too quick, but once I realised that Windows Home was first and highlighted, then recovery, then windows pro was last, I manage to arrow down and enter fast enough to get it into recovery, then I used the UBDCD to delete the partition with home on it....pure dumb luck as I really don't know what I am doing but am very stubborn and persistent when my daughter tells me I can't fix something...LOL
Thanks for answering....Cheers Dee

Back