Windows XP restarts with blue screen while playing games

vasudevgawde

I chked previous threads..so I went in administrative tool<event viewer <applicatoin getting warning for MsiInstaller and thn error for the same.
in security m getting error for source "sideByside" with event number 59'
one warning for Dhcp and Tcpip
I hav also attached mini dump files frm c:\windows\minidump folder

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 5
  • error2.jpg
    error2.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Mini072611-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 4
  • Mini072611-02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 2
Hello Vasu,

Both of your crashes has been caused by Realtek Audio driver installed on your system. Please uninstall the current version of this driver from your system, remove any remaining files by using driver sweeper, then reboot. Once you have done that, please download latest WHQL drivers for your realtek audio device (I assume it is an onboard solution so you can find drivers on your motherboard manufacturer's site) and install it.

You are welcome, please do keep us updated with regard to your progress on this issue.

I installed new audio drivers frm asus official site
my mother model name is asus P5GC-MX/1333
still the problem is not solved.
I hav attact recent mini dump files and one picture of blue screen messge.. pls hav a look at it.. pls replay asap. thank u..

Attachments

• Mini072911-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
  • Blue screen.jpg
    Blue screen.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 3
Same issue again i.e. Realtek driver causing BSOD.

Have you made any change prior to this issue to your system?

Also repeat the process of uninstallation + cleaning out with driver sweeper, and then install either of these older drivers to see whether any of these may solve this issue. Try driver Version 5.10.0.5506 or below.

Actualy i was using avast pro antivirus,, one day after updation i got key for avast internet security. so my avast became avast internet security..bt after that it started restarting the computer do i uninstalled the avast and put normal free veriosn of avast..bt thn same problem..
do u feel avast is resposible for this issue??
i dint make any changes to hardware. nor to BIOS.
last time i didnt use sweeper , actualy i thought that wud not make much differnce.
i will try uninstalling with sweeper and install it.
thank you..very much..

When you uninstall a driver it doesn't erase everything as it should which can result in issues with regard to new driver installations as well, so driver sweeper becomes a very handy tool.

My problem was not getting sloved,mayb som of the files remains even if I try uninstalling using sweeper,so I installed the same OS again,Xp sp2.
and installed 5.10.0.5506 version of audio.bt the problem remains unsolved.
pls hav a look at this problem thank you.
m attaching latest dump files.

Attachments

• Mini090111-01.dmp
Same issue, i.e. RtkHDAud.sys (part of Realtek Audio Driver stack).

I would suggest you to consider two options:

a) download and install SP3, that will update the OS to latest state and may be helpful in eliminating this issue.

b) disable your sound controller through device manager and if the system remain stable, then we can either find another driver, or if this don't work, perhaps buy a cheaper sound alternative (provided there is PCI slot available in your system).

whn i disable sound frm divice manager or frm game options.computer dnt restarts.it works normaly.
nw wht is the issue??
pls help

It is definitely a sound driver issue (or a very remote chance that something may be wrong with the sound hardware itself).

Anyway, have you tried this driver from the link I gave you in post # 7:
Realtek HD Audio Driver v5.10.0.5506 for Windows 32bit XP& 64bit XP. (WHQL)

It is the latest driver, the one you have on your system is dated from 2007.

Also, I once again suggest that you should get your windows xp updated to SP3. Here is a link for SP3.

Sad,I uninstaled last version of realteck clear all remains with driver sweeper n instaled the one which u told me,bt still my restarted.wht to do nw.
here m attaching last minidump file pls have a look at it.reply plsss.waiting

Attachments

• Mini090311-01.dmp
Same driver/same error & issue.

Until a tangible fix is found, I'd suggest that you uninstall the driver/run driver sweeper again. Then reboot and see whether windows identifies/install its own sound driver for this Realtek solution ? If so you will be able to listen music/videos etc. but probably with slightly limited functionality. Let me know whatever the results are.

Back