Windows xp start button

Status
Not open for further replies.

dapope57

How do i change the position of the start button bar back to the bottom of the screen.It is now on the right side of the screen

Eh.. not sure what there is to walk you through. I assume you mean the entire Taskbar has been moved and not just the start button itself (which I don't even think is possible). You want to move it back to the "bottom" of the screen and if only the Start button were moved to the right, you wouldn't want to move to the bottom of the screen, it'd already be at the bottom just to the right. So, working off that assumption:

Right click the Taskbar and make sure it's not locked, then just click and hold on it and move your mouse to the bottom of the screen.

This might help. When the Taskbar is unlocked, it gets a 'handle'. This is a double line of 'dots' to the right of, or in your case, below the Start button. Hold the left mouse button down on that 'handle' and drag the Taskbar back where you want it. Once there> right click on the Taskbar> check 'lock the Taskbar' so it doesn't wonder off again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back