Windows XP will not load (I need some help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still having trouble with Windows XP will not loading (I need some help)

The operating system that I am using is Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 and as of right now I can not log into the system. It started yesterday Sunday Feb 1 when I was trying to adjust my monitor settings. My monitor resolution needed to be adjusted in order for me to download a learning program that I have. I right clicked on my desktop and selected properties, settings, advanced, monitor, monitor settings, and in that box was two options. The one option that was already selected was the start option and I had selected the stop option thinking that this would help solve my monitor issues. Not so because after I closed everything out I clicked to restart my computer which was all fine up until the start up process. After the Windows XP insignia comes up and disappears the screen will remain black. What do I need to do to fix this issue? I have the Windows XP Professional CD but when I put it into the ROM drive to reboot it that way the screen just remains black. I've unplugged the monitor and replugged it again thinking that that would help solve the problem but have had no luck. Can someone please help?

Try booting to SAFE MODE by pressing <F8> repeatedly as soon as you press the <ON> button. Usually you will see a screen, albeit with poor resolution, that will enable you to fix the other problems.

I tried doing that and the screen remains black. I am not at that computer right now I will try that again.

Then I would try using your install disk boot to get access to R for repair... but hopefull not the "Repair Console". If your Windows Disk is one that will allow a repair boot, you can fix it simply.

Ok how would I do that? Because the screen just remains black after the inital start up? Even when I put the cd into the ROM drive and try to start it that way. Would I need to press F8 or F12 right after I press to start the computer?

I do not have a good answer for you.
Usually, when you press the <ON> button, then immediately repeatedly press the <F12> or <F8> once per second, it bypasses the normal startup and drivers.

That's fine you have helped just fine. I'll try those steps and see what happens. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back