Windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden

Hi guy. I have a Protégé 4000, I just installed a window xp, and am getting a small display I tried downloading video controller drivers and it as not made a difference, I even trying using a new hard drive in, none of this is making a difference can some help me please!

kind regards
Golden

Can you explain more about what's wrong with the display. When you say "small" do you mean the resolution is low (everything appears big with little room) or everything appears tiny with lots of room on the Desktop? If it's the latter, then you did install the video driver and need to adjust the resolution in Display Settings (Start -> Control Panel -> Display -> Settings)

-- Andy

Or if you mean smaller than the actual display monitor limits, then the monitor controls need to be adjusted OR lower the refresh rate of the screen using the video driver facilities provided.

Thanks ever so mush guys, you all been a great help! I did try to download the drivers, I don't think it was the correct drivers! I used driver detective and that cost me 20 ponds, so are you saying it not the video controllers I need is it the monitor drivers? am going to download the links and let you all know how I get on

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back