WinDVD, PowerDVD and windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyH

I can't get windvd and powerdvd to work with avi files in win xp.
No problem in win 98 SE. Any one else have this problem?

I use Power DVD 4.0 and have no problems. I had problems with version 3.0, but there is a patch that fixes it, or you will need 4.0 which is recommended for XP.

What is it exactly that is happening? an error? or they just won't play or what?

First thing that comes to my mind is codecs - have you tried reinstalling your video codecs? I would suggest reinstalling the newest Nimo Codec Pack and giving it another try. Works great for me.

Nimo Codec Pack

LNCPapa

What happens is that I get sound but no picture. The codecs are installed I think because the files play fine with windows media player

Which powerDVD are you using? I would suggest upgrading to 4.0 because that is designed for XP.

Give that a try, and get back to us.

I've got both powerdvd 4.0 and windvd 4.0.
The same problem happens with both. Its not really a big deal, only avi files don't work, I can play those with media player, but if there is a solution let me know.

You can play .avi files with PowerDVD ??? Never heard that. Never tried that. Hmm just tried it. It works for me in Win2k. I'll try it on my daughters XP machine....The only .avi on her system is clock.avi and it worked OK too. Well you learn something every day. To tell you the truth AVIs look better in Media Player anyway. Sorry I have no solutions for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back