WinX Start menu and Search problem

Hey guys, I just updated my Win 7 Ultimate to Win 10 and everything seemed to go well until I tried to pin a program in the start menu. It just wouln't. I tried to search for it, windows never found it. Went to All Apps in Start, the folder wasn't even there. I supposed this had something to do with me upgrading and not formatting, but then I installed a game and it never got an entry in the All Apps menu and as a result I couldn't pin it. I started trying with multiple programs and games, some got pinned, some didn't. The ones that did were accounted for in the All Apps menu, the others weren't. I have scoured the forums (not only here) to find a solution and the only thing I found is that many have this issue, along with the Search issue. So is there a way to, say, re-index my files so they get in the App menu? I don't know what's causing this so I can't suggest anything, that's why I'm asking here. Thanks in advance.

Edit: If there isn't a possible solution, I guess the only way is for me to format. That would be most unfortunate because I have many files that I need to keep and many downloaded programs that would be a nuisance to re-download. Is there a backup software that sort-of backups your programs like Titanium Backup does in Android? What I mean is if there's a way to backup a whole program and mark it for reinstallation when you format, so you still get the registry keys(which you wouldn't if you just copied it over) but you don't have to download it again.

Last edited:
You may be able to "Roll Back" to Windows 7 and save some important files if they are still intact. You should always back up important files especially moving from one OS to another. A "clean" install of Windows 10 works best...

Back