WinXP Pro: Change Desktop Directory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mewi

[Solved] WinXP Pro: Change Desktop Directory?

Well I have multiple hard drives now, so I was wondering if there was a way to change the default desktop directory... I want it to be changed to another drive folder. My search over google has come up with nothing so far =3

Registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Desktop

Change the entry to the directory where you want to save your desktop

wii-ste said:
Registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Desktop

Change the entry to the directory where you want to save your desktop

Thanks for your response... I tried this once before along time ago but it never worked, the default just overwrited my changes after reboot.

I am attempting to change default desktop directory to this directory...

D:\My Documents\My Computer\Desktop

But again it gets re-replaced by

C:\Documents and Settings\Mewi\Desktop

EDIT: I have done a more thorough search on registry searching for anything with desktop and have solved the problem. The proper place to edit user defined desktop directory would be...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Edit Desktop Entry from %USERPROFILE%\Desktop to user defined directory. Example: D:\My Documents\My Computer\Desktop . Problem solved =3 Thanks for aiming me in the right direciton wii-ste ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back