Wireless adapter causing BSOD

Gerald

I just bought a Netgear n300 wireless USB adapter WNA3100

so far i have gotten the BSOD 2 times in the past 1 hr of installing it. I'm running Windows XP sp3 and i was going to post the minidump but low and behold there is not a minidump folder. i looked under the settings startup and recovery and all is checked but auto restart. and its set on complete memory dump %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP but i cant find that file on my computer at all. now i can make the BSOD happen when ever i want by just trying to download a large file. also when i run a Ethernet cable i do not have this problem. i even tried uninstalling the Ethernet card in case they were clashing but still got the same thing

I have a Asus motherboard M2N-E
2gig DDR2 Gskill Ram
Nvidia's GeForce 7950 GT graphics card
AMD Anthlon 64 X2 Dual CoreProcessor 4600+
Windows XP sp3

when i run wired i never have an issue. just when ever i use the adapter. and i have never used an adapter before until recently so i dont know if this issue has been lingering for a while or not.
and its only when i start to download large file like a game client. but when i hook up direct to the modem i can download the client non stop with no issues.

Antec TruePower 2.0 TP2-430 430Watt PS when i switch the button from 150 to 230 cant get the comp to come on figured more juice would be better but HD seems to not work but thats beside the point i guess

"Antec TruePower 2.0 TP2-430 430Watt PS when i switch the button from 150 to 230 cant get the comp to come on"...
That's because you need 230 volts to start the computer, when that switch is in the 230 volt position. If you reside in the USA. you always need the switch in the 115 volt position. That 430 watt supply might be getting weak

that's true. just baffles me how if im hooked right into the modem i can do it all and never have an issue. but when i use the USB port i get BSOD. I also get it when my external HD is plugged into my USB and i try to transfer files. guess i just need to move all my stuff downstairs. also when i surf the net or play games i do not get any BSOD just when downloading. i know i cant give you much more info.

Weak power supplies can cause the USB ports to have trouble supplying enough current to an attached USB device

Back