Wireless Network Internet Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Linksys Wireless Router (WRT54G, and WRT54GS, both tried, WRT54GS is newer and was just purchased several days ago, problem persists) hooked up to my Embarq 660 series modem. Problem is, the internet constantly shuts down on anything on the wireleess network.
I have noticed it does it much more when i use a torrent application, or am downloading anything (manuals for my equipment, etc.) I have another PC i use, and it is usually on the network through a LAN to the back of my router, but when the internet cuts off of my network, and nobody is accessing my computer, i run it directly to my Modem, reset the modem, and VIOLA, it works, no problems. When i reconnect to my network, VIA plugging the router into the modem, and my Direct LAN into the router, it stops again. Any ideas??

Note: Sometimes it stops and then starts up again.

Interesting.. I've had that problem myself with Vista and Realtek network cards. Update your wireless drives, turn off QOS in the router, update firmware if needed, etc.

we discovered that part of the problem was our regular PHONE lines, not the ethernet cbles, but the ones that you plug into your phone, we replaced it, and so far all good!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back