Wireless set up with Belkin router?

19ran69

hi........

want to connect my 2 laptops to the internet using an old belkin router that i found from a friend...

when i connect them only the xp got the internet connection no luck with my macbook pro i can see the routers name on the macbook but still no connection when i click the routers name it ask me the WEP password which i dont have idea what is it......BTW want the macbook pro to be wireless.

the question is it possible to connect the two laptops to the internet and do you have any suggestions or links on how to do set up this things, really no idea on what i'm doing please help.

thanks,

I'm not an expert on wireless networking but I know just enough to be dangerous. You can connect several devices wirelessly to your router including your two laptops. However, everything does have to be compatible.

How did you set up your Belkin router? Did you set up a security protocol? WEP is an older less secure protocol. Perhaps your router was set up with WPA or WPA2 and the MAC is only compatible with WEP. Just a possibility.

hi i really dont know how to put this thing up . still trying to connect the two laptops still no luck

what i did is connected the belkin router to our old internet provider router using the xp laptop and the xp laptop can access the internet but with the macbook i can see the belkin router in the macbook but it ask me the WEP password no idea where to get it.

can you teach me how to set up that security protocol and how to set up WEP or that WPA what are those things try to google them but no luck........

thnx.....:)

Best to ditch that Wi-Fi router and go and get one that supports our hardware. The new ones are easy to setup.

Back