wiring home network, can a 110 punch down block be used to wire like a phone lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...phone lines can be bundled together and joined thru 110 or 66 blocks...

basicly this is direct connection between wires just like connecting bunch of speaker wires together...

can a computer network work with this setup without requiring hub to join the connections...knowing that there would be problems if multi-computers request "data" at the same time... but to what extend... how bad will it be to connect all wired computers...

i am prewiring my preconstruction home and wondering if i can go "cheaper" way wiring 14 rooms without getting 4-4 port hubs.

thanks

PS what other problems i should know about....

THANK YOU

No you can't do ethernet like that. Will there actually be 14 computers in the house? Run network cables from all rooms to a central location and then plug in the hub/switch only the ones you actually need.

what happened is that i ran 2 cat5e to every room of the house....i was told that every cable box or sattelite receivers need phone line....so i basicly ran 2 phone lines...

i found out that i dont need that so i was thinking that i can now do wired ethernet...eventhought i already planned wireless....

but i was just wondering if putting all the ethernet planned cables together and running it as 1 plug to hub will work...

i know you cant really do it because of the ip but i was just wondering if it was possible...

You answered your own question: every cable needs it's own IP.
So the answer is NO, you can't.
And forget about hubs, they are almost antique!
A decent 12 or 24 port router/switch is what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back