With Galaxy S4, Samsung prepares for life after Android

Archean

With Galaxy S4, Samsung prepares for life after Android

Samsung had a lot to talk about when it came to its newest flagship phone, but Google and Android weren't one of them.

I have been suspecting this would come for about a year now, and S4's launch event is probably first clear indication that Android may no longer be the top priority for Samsung once it has the Tizen platform ready to go and take on it. Perhaps, when one take this into account, it becomes bit easier to understand why Samsung has been packing its Galaxy S line with redundant features like S Voice / Translate etc.

It's due to their lawsuits lately, copycatting of Apple, and other such things in the media that got me concerned.

I mean, they're already stopping production of a couple products because of it. Check the news.

By the way it is not about android, it is about allied services for which all the money is going into Google's pocket, unless, Google want to share the pie, this trend will spread in future.

On Google's part, it can fall back on its Motorola acquisition and start manufacturing its own hardware, so in a nutshell, if this plays out as it seems, things can only get better for the consumers.

By the way it is not about android, it is about allied services for which all the money is going into Google's pocket, unless, Google want to share the pie, this trend will spread in future.

On Google's part, it can fall back on its Motorola acquisition and start manufacturing its own hardware, so in a nutshell, if this plays out as it seems, things can only get better for the consumers.

Is it realistic to fall back on Motorola though, considering I think that most people don't
even consider Motorola anymore. It's "Samsung or Apple". It'll be interesting nonetheless :).
I think I read that Samsung has like 45% marketshare, with their phones... So whether they
need google or not..

Back