Witless Teen unable to Connect to Internet After Messing Around with Windows Firewall

After haplessly diving into the menus of the windows firewall (an admittedly bad idea), I was unable to connect to the internet. I've tried resetting my router, I've checked all of my ethenet cables, and tried turning off my firewall to see if that would help, but nothing. That's the extent of what I know to do. I'm stumpt, please help.

Hmm; obvious bad choice as there is no Return to Default choice. You need a System Restore Point.

It's great to explore Windows but you do need to make careful notes if you make any changes. It’s worth trying Windows Repair available free from Tweaking.com. You'll obviously need to download using a different computer but it may sort out your firewall problem. Generally I'd say keep well away from utilities but in your situation I reckon it's worth a try. CCleaner free is also good but it won't help you with this problem.

To restore Windows Firewall default settings, open Control Panel and click open Security applet. Here on the left side, you will see a link Restore defaults. Click on it. You will be taken to a window which will allow yout to restore the default firewall settings.

Back