Word (Office XP) Crashes on macros

Hey everyone -

This is my first post on Tech Spot, but I've used this forum to look up many issues that I have at work (I'm a desktop technician for an insurance company).

Currently, I have a user that runs a macro in Word 2002 (Office XP) that opens and closes several Word windows to merge letters together and then it will suddenly crash. It seems like its always in different spots as well.

Yesterday I decided to put Process Explorer from Sysinternals on the machine and have it watch Word. When word crashed I created a full dump of the WINWORD.EXE process. From what I can tell it crashes on a VBE6.DLL (I don't have much experience with dump files). I've attached the dump file with all the information. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks -

Lurch

Attachments

• debuglog2.txt
    13.1 KB · Views: 1
Hi Lurch,

Have you tried re-writing the macro from scratch? It might simply be that the Macro is caught in an endless loop somewhere due to a SYNTAX error.

james

Tbh it doesn sound like a word error as VB scripting is used in so many appplications.

There has been known issues with word 2002 in regards to this and there is a help page on the Microsoft Website which may help

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/212669

You should see a link to the Article for the Word 2002 error

Hope this helps :)
James

Thank you for the help.

Unfortunately, I've already done everything it describes in that article. Usually it fixes the problem for a couple weeks but then it comes right back.

The computer is running XP SP3 with 3.5 GB of ram and page file of 5376 MB.

Any other suggestions?

--Lurch

Back