World in Conflict Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomberman

Hey guys i have a problem, well i have an Alienware m15x, with an nVidia 8700m and 2 Gb of ram, and i have a core 2 duo 2.5ghz processor

now when i run world in conflict im getting HORRIBLE fps..like around 8 to 12....i have kaspersky internet security 2009 i checked for malicious software but it says im clean...any help would be greatly appreciated

Your CPU & GPU are decent, but W.I.C. is a pretty demanding game. Are you running @ max settings? What resolution?

I'd guess that with your setup medium settings wolud be best and 0xAA. You may have noticed that in the options, you can set a frame cap. I think the lowest setting caps the framerate at 15... yes you read right... 15 fps. That's because a steady 15 fps is totally playable for a strategy game. If you haven't already done so, lower your settings and disable AA... also apply the 15 fps framerate cap and disable v-sync(you may expirience screen tearing, but framerate will be more consistent).

Thanks

hey thanks for the help... I found out what the problem was.... I was using my computer on power saver mode so the GPU got very minimal power... But I rectified that mistake and now I can play world in conflict on very high... Thanks any way though ... Appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back