Would this video card work in my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

furryhail

Hello I have an intel celeron 2.2ghz with 3 PCI slots and 1 AGP x4 slot i currently have an nvidia geforce fx 5200 looking to upgrade asap i went to newegg.ca and i came across this newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161284 it says 4x/8x but i just have a 4x slot would this still work in my slot or would my slot have to be 8x to run at full speed? cause its hard to find x4 vieo card agp video cards these days so if you could help me out that would be great. thanks

EDIT: also this product newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161308
1 more thing i live in London ontario is there perhaps a computer store close to me? because this is 3-5 business days thanks

Shawn.

It should work in either 4X or 8X. Make sure your power supply is up to the task.

how would i find out my power supply would CPU-Z tell me?Found a little info i went to the belarc thing and checked out everything and it said under my main circuit board: Bus Clock- 400mhz . would that be how many megahertz my power supply can handle if so it cant handle the 2 posted up top. but theres some on the newegg site that say like RAMDAC- 400mhz ect and others says core clock- 500mhz ect does core clock and RAMDAc mean the same thing?

CPU-Z won't help with the power supply. You will have to open the PC to look at the sticker on the power supply itself. Look at the brand, wattage and the amps on the 12V rail or rails.

alright it says 220W max 12.8v and the amps are 7.5A its compaq. im pretty sure thats the right info im reading it right of the power supply. but where do you look on the video card(on newegg.ca) to see if my power supply can support it?

Look under the Specifications tab. Go about 3/4 of the way down to System Requirements and see where it says it needs a 400W or greater power supply. Both of the cards you listed are the same in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back