WoW FPS Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I am bit annoyed, I get low FPS in large cities (anywhere from 7-32), run at full settings 1440x900 res (DVI 25 pin), etc.. I can't get passed 62ish frames when i try to max it with low settings.

Computer Specs:
Pentium D 2.80Ghz, 2.80Ghz (800 FSB)
4Gb RAM
GeForce 8800GTS 640mb OC'd @ (GPU Core: 702Mhz, GPU Memory: 1080Mhz)
Windows XP SP2

Other areas are fine, I am hoping to find if this is just the way it is gonna be or i am missing something b/c i hear of other people getting 60+ easy with full settings and such. Let me know if there's anything else about the computer i need to post, thanks in advance.

Hello, CrazyGrunt, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, it could be that your cpu is bottlenecking your graphics card. This means that the graphics card is processing the information faster than the cpu can so it (the cpu) is slowing down the frame rate.

If you have 4 x 1GB ram sticks then take one out and see how it is. Also make sure you have the latest nvidia drivers.

Haha, do you really search alot?
If you just type WoW in google.com, then you will get World of Warcraft right in the top.

while i remember i think i should just say for other people's reference that i said to take a gig of ram out because he is using a 32bit OS and having the extra ram can cause problems (if memory serves ;)) so i thought it wouldn't hurt to try it with a gig taken out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back