Xbox live wireless connection help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvtaylor

Firstly, I don't know if this is the correct subforum (or even forum!) to be posting on. However you guys have always managed to solve my other problems before so I thought I'd give it a shot. If you think it could be better solved elsewhere then please link me!

SO...

I have an Xbox 360 with a Wireless Network Adapter.

Back home I have a Netgear DG834G router.

While at University my Xbox can happily connect wirelessly to our network there with no problems. The router is the free one supplied by o2 (customised Thomson TG585n).

However back home it will only connect to xbox live when plugged in to the router via an Ethernet cable. When trying to find wireless networks (yes the Ethernet cable has been taken out!) it can find the network and detect the network security type, hurrah! However once I have put the password in (or connected if I set the router to have no security) it says not connected and all the IP and DNS settings are 0.0.0.0 and are set to be automatically acquired.

I've tried following guides to manually input values, I've reset it more times than I care to mention, I've disabled the router pin, I've tried different channels....

Have I missed anything obvious? Why does it refuse to work?

Any replies greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back