Xeon, Pentium or Athlon

DjKraid

Hi!

I was wondering which CPU is the best for "hard work" like making / editing stuff with indesign (cs4) or photoshop? -or which computer would be the best for that purpose?

Some general specs:
- Intel Xeon 2.8GHz/533-1MB
512Mb RAM@200MHz
Win2k (indesign 2.0)
Compaq Proliant ML350 G3

- AMD Athlon 3200+ (AM2)
1Gb DDR400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD3550, 512Mb, PCI-E
WinXP
HP Pavilion

- Intel Pentium 4 @2.8GHz (Socket 478)
1Gb DDR400 RAM
ATI Radeon 1200x, 256Mb, AGP
WinXP
Fujitsu-Siemens

The AMD machine is the best.

Neither of the three, however, can compete with current-generation processors, even the low-end ones.

How much are you getting these systems for?

I also think the amd platform would be the best...
It's actually for my step dads company and he uses the server now and it needs a new company of w2k so I suggested to him that an other computer would get the work faster and better done and I have the two other computers here at home so it's free...or I would get the server in exchange :)

I think the HP has some problems with the bios but I'm going to flash it and see if it helps but then again if it won't help then it is xeon vs p4 0_o

UPDATE

HP = dead so now the FS has 2Gb RAM but that ones CPU had some problems so I had to change it to a Celeron running @ 2.4GHz :/

So now it is Celeron vs Xeon

Damn, sorry to hear that.

Between those two then, the Xeon machine would be far better, though lacking in RAM.

UPDATE

HP = dead so now the FS has 2Gb RAM but that ones CPU had some problems so I had to change it to a Celeron running @ 2.4GHz :/

So now it is Celeron vs Xeon
OK, "Celeron vs Zeon", was I hope, a rhetorical question.

However, if you don't already know it, the Compac server is going to require ECC RAM, and may in fact, require Compac branded server RAM, due to its age.

Yes it was actually a little bit :D
My point of view is that celeron os like sempron, they both suck.

Im not sure about that, haven't RTFM yet but when I googled i found this, that's a start...

Back